I am a software developer with a strong passion for open source software. On the Internet I use the nickname Smile4ever.
I was born on April 16, 1995 in Sint-Niklaas, a city in East Flanders (Belgium). At school, I studied applied computer science between September 2013 and June 2016. I use Manjaro Linux daily.I can understand English, German, Dutch, French and Afrikaans.
Apart from my mother tongue Dutch, I also speak and/or understand English, French, German and Afrikaans. In use my free time, I like editing the Dutch Wikipedia (Smile4ever), writing software, combatting vandalism on LXDE Wiki, designing websites and listening to music.
WebsitesI made some websites, using HTML 5, CSS 3 and PHP:
- Hugsmile.eu (personal website)
- DBRF.eu (radio devices, including a license free radio relay)
- CanalInter.be (French speaking radio)
SoftwareI created and adapted some computer applications. I know C#, Visual Basic, Java and Gambas well. Examples:
- VLC Lyrics Finder (multiplatform), get lyrics for the current song in VLC Media Player
- ChatZilla for #hugsmile (for Windows), an user friendly version of ChatZilla Portable (adapted binary version)
- WikiList (for Linux) - generates and filters MediaWiki lists from LinkSearch and WhatLinksHere results. Lists can be saved for import in AutoWikiBrowser. (Gambas)
- Text2SRT (for Linux) - subtitle music videos and movies (Gambas)
- LyricsCore - a lyrics API (PHP)
Firefox extensionsI created the following Firefox extensions:
- Fast Delete - remove pages quicker on MediaWiki wikis
- FastNav - navigate with n to the next page and with p to the previous page
- Get Archive - quickly obtain archive copies of dead links
- Scrollkey - scroll down and up in VIM style
- Translate Now - translate a selection to another language
- Middle Click On Page Closes Tab - close the current tab with the middle mouse button
- Multi Links Plus - open multiple links at once in new tabs
User styles and scriptsBelow user styles and scripts are compatible with Firefox, Chrome and other browsers. You can see an overview of my user styles on userstyles.org.
- Techradar: clean white
- Remove Wikipedia fundraising banner
- Remove Wikipedia central notice
- Pusheen style for Facebook
- FastNav - quickly navigate pages using n and p
- Firepatrol - mark revisions on Wikipedia as approved
Tools and tests
ProjectsI participate to several projects on the Internet. Nicknames I use include Smile4ever, computergeoffrey and smile.
- Smile4ever on Wikipedia (writing articles, fixing dead links)
- Smile4ever on Wikibooks (writing and improving online books)
- Commons, Wiktionary, Wikitravel (not a Wikimedia project but very similar), MediaWiki, stalk me even more
And the following (free) software projects:
- Smile4ever on LXDE Wiki (maintenance and fighting against spam)
- Mozilla as volunteer (bug reports, documentation, writing addons)