I am a software developer with a strong passion for open source software, Mozilla and Wikipedia. On the Internet I use the nickname Smile4ever.
I was born on April 16, 1995 in Sint-Niklaas, a city in East Flanders (Belgium). Currently I live in Antwerp. At school, I studied applied computer science between September 2013 and June 2016. I use Manjaro Linux daily.
Apart from my mother tongue Dutch, I also speak and/or understand English, French, German and Afrikaans and in lesser extent also Spanish and Esperanto. In my free time, I like editing the Dutch Wikipedia (Smile4ever), writing software, designing websites and listening to music.
If you like my work, you can make a donation. It is much appreciated:
Programming according to Xkcd
- Of course, assert doesn't work
- 'Are you stealing those LCDs?' 'Yeah, but I'm doing it while my code compiles'
- RFC 1149.5 specifies 4 as the standard IEEE-vetted random number.
SoftwareI created and adapted some computer applications. I know C#, Visual Basic, Java and Gambas well. Examples:
- VLC Lyrics Finder (multiplatform), get lyrics for the current song in VLC Media Player
- ChatZilla for #hugsmile (for Windows), an user friendly version of ChatZilla Portable (adapted binary version)
- WikiList (for Linux) - generates and filters MediaWiki lists from LinkSearch and WhatLinksHere results. Lists can be saved for import in AutoWikiBrowser. (Gambas)
- Text2SRT (for Linux) - subtitle music videos and movies (Gambas)
- LyricsCore - a lyrics API (PHP)
Browser extensionsI created the following Firefox and Chrome extensions:
- Fast Delete - remove pages quicker on MediaWiki wikis
- FastNav - navigate with n to the next page and with p to the previous page
- Get Archive - quickly obtain archive copies of dead links
- Scrollkey - scroll down and up in VIM style
- Translate Now - translate a selection to another language
- Middle Click On Page Closes Tab - close the current tab with the middle mouse button
- Multi Links Plus - open multiple links at once in new tabs
- Neat URL
User stylesUser styles adapt the look of a website using CSS. Below user styles are compatible with Firefox, Chrome and other browsers. They can be installed using user style managers like Stylish. Check out my styles on userstyles.org.
- Techradar: clean white
- Remove Wikipedia fundraising banner
- Remove Wikipedia central notice
- Pusheen style for Facebook
- FastNav - quickly navigate pages using n and p
- Firepatrol - mark revisions on Wikipedia as approved